RSS Weather Feed
An RSS weather feed is available for all Australian locations featured on this site. The data may be used to display weather on your website or used in conjunction with your favourite RSS reader. The feed includes both current conditions and a three day forecast in RSS 2.0 format.
You can locate a feed by clicking on the RSS icon on any forecast page.The URL structure of each feed is similar to the main site except the "rss" subdomain is used instead of "www". For example - the Sydney RSS feed is located at http://rss.weather.com.au/nsw/sydney.
The feed may only be used in accordance with our standard terms and conditions in addition to the following points –
- Data is provided as-is with no service guarantees. We reserve the right to discontinue this service entirely or to individual users at any time without notice.
- The RSS server may only be queried as often as the TTL (time to live) value contained within the feed per each location. The TTL is currently set at 15 minutes but this may change in the future. It’s advisable to implement caching to comply with this limit. Exceeding this limitation may result in your IP address getting blocked.
- You agree to discontinue using the service immediately if requested by Weather.com.au.
- The format of the feed may change at any time without notice.
In addition to the above, the following also applies if you use the RSS feed for a website –
- You may only use up to 10 different weather locations per domain. If you require more than this, please contact us for authorisation first.
- A link back to weather.com.au must be provided for every location you display weather for on your site. The URL to link back to is provided in the feed using the <link> tag.
- If you wish to display icons, these must be linked directly to the icons hosted on our server. You may not copy the icons and host them on your own server. The full URL to each applicable icon is included in the feed.
These terms may be amended at any time. Please contact us if you have any questions regarding this service.